Monday, June 22, 2009

Jackson's Beauty Regimen

Today has been quite a day! This morning Jeremiah got up at 5:45 to get ready to leave for a couple of days. He got up and left and around 6:30 I hear Jackson getting out of bed and going downstairs. This is his new thing, he gets up super early (6:30 is very early in our house, I know it is not super early in everyone else's) and goes downstairs and watches a little bit of t.v. by himself until the rest of us are ready to get up. Lila and I are just not morning people and this system has been working for us for about 2 weeks, so he got up and I got him some breakfast and told him I was going upstairs for a few more minutes. Well, before I knew it Lila was yelling from her room to get up, so I get her and go downstairs. This is what I find (I wish I had a picture).

Jackson had gotten out my makeup and poured my foundation all over the ottoman, using it as finger paint. It was also all over his face and body, the couch, the chair and the floor. I am starting to freak out. Then I take a closer look at him and apparently he had been working on his look all morning. He had drawn all over his legs and arms with pen... kind of like scribbly tattoos. He had also managed to cut his own hair. Seriously, I am not making this up. He actually cut the right side of his hair. It was a very busy morning of beauty treatments for him. Needless to say, I was not so impressed. It took 2 hours to get all of the makeup out of the furniture, clothing and off of him. I'm dog-sitting Jessica Robison's little dog right now and during this whole process, he decided to pee all over the floor, step in it and then walk all around the house. So, I'm trying to keep both kids and the dog out of the makeup, away from the scissors and pens and out of the pee. Seriously, how did this happen to me. Not my favorite way to wake up. And it is only 9:30am. I still have to make it the whole rest of the day with these two wild children.
 
On top of all of this, the kids have not been feeling great. Jackson started running a fever last night, Lila has acquired a rash and I just did not know what to do with them. So, I take the two crazies to the doctors office and sure enough Jackson has sinusitis and Lila has a yeast infection. (Don't worry, neither of them are contagious, for anyone who has been around us these past couple of days). Oh and my grandparents called today to tell me they wanted to come stay at our house for a visit... tomorrow! Looks like I will be cleaning all night. 

What a day!! I think it should be Jeremiah's fathers day gift that he did not have to be here for this craziness. But, we can only go up from here... right? 

3 comments:

  1. Wow...You did have quite a day! I hope you caught a photo or 2 of Jackson's "makeover moment". I bet your readers would get a kick out of seeing what he did to himself! What's always a joy is there's always an older woman who wisely advises, "Oh, you're frustrated and exhausted today, but you'll remember it fondly and laugh 20 years from now!" Yeah, I love those comments, too! :-) Just pick a great time to remind him of it...like a toast at his wedding reception...THEN it will pay off...big time! Greg and I had our moments, too. Ask us about Anna and her tiger face she drew on herself while we were at worship rehearsal...she truly captured the essence of tigerdom as her "artwork" was expressed in that most timeless of mediums... "The Sharpie"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am still laughing. That is quite impressive. I hope the day got better for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness Bekah! what a story! I do wish i could see a picture. Hope today is better!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete